Saturday, August 20, 2005

Listen to Your Heart, my friend





NOW and then, you get the feeling that your "gut feeling is telling you this" or your intuition is on overdrive. Actually, most of the time, it's just your heart watching out for you.
Sometimes, as you are travelling home from office, and the image of a relative or a friend suddenly "pops into view" (in your head). You feel a sudden urge to send him a message, give him a call, or just drop by at his house.
Frequently, you just ignore that instinctive desire and proceed home, without giving it another thought. It's another chance missed. Life on earth is simple and yet strange. We are called upon to do a lot of things. Most of the time, we may heed just one per cent of what comes through the "air waves."
Some people call it psychic bolts. Others laugh at the notion and continue with their ordinary routine.
I have heeded such urgings on several occasions. Almost a hundred per cent of the time, I got a kick out of doing it "instinctively". I call it "my heart dials home". Why it happens? Who knows?
Every thought is another jolt of energy across the heavens. Perhaps someone is thinking of you then, or even right now. Your left eye twitches? Perhaps someone is talking about you at that moment.
Friends used to say it all the time when they suddenly cough. "Oh dear! Someone is gossiping about me". It may be more true than you think.
The heart knows things the mind does not comprehend. There have been times in my life when I felt a strong urge to do something nice, randomly, for some people I know. I have rejected such notions but there had been moments when I heeded them.
Those instances when I "gave in to my heart" were some of the happiest moments of my life. I was glad I did it. Somehow, years later I find out that I was requested by my heart for some inexplicable reason to perform that deed.
The events that followed years later, maybe even a decade or two later, revealed that my deed laid the foundation for an occurrence that was ruled in my favour.
Such are the mysteries of life.
You read it in books, you hear it in movie dialogues, perhaps you even hear it uttered in church: "Listen to your heart." Sometimes, when you hear it, you are oblivious to its true message.
In truth, it is another telegraphic signal from beyond the human realm, urging you to walk down that path that favours you. If you listen to your heart more and your mind less, perhaps your life may be happier. Surely, your friends and loved ones will enjoy a stronger relationship with you.
What is the criterion that indicates that it is the right thing to do? The rule of the thumb is that the intuition is always asking that you perform a good deed. It is a gesture that triggers a chain reaction of random kind acts. It is the celestial wind that awakens the soul and puts you in communion with the Almighty.
Even if you are in despair, you can "hear" such "callings." Do not be cynical. Listen to it with an open mind. It could be the valve that unleashes all the frustrations within you and resolves your existing problem.
The heart knows where it should go, even if you don't.
Our lives are simple and good. It is just us who make things complicated for ourselves.
So just for today, listen to your heart closely. Hear every word uttered. Develop the patience and confidence that all should be fulfilled and walk down the avenue of knowledge, enlightenment and happiness.
If you have doubts, just try it. There's really nothing to lose.

No comments: