Monday, April 18, 2005

God looks at me and smiles



Get Chitika eMiniMalls


IT IS common knowledge that most people will admit to never FEELING God's presence their entire life. Yes, people of all creeds and religions pray all the time. They usually pray when their needs are most urgent.
Mothers prayer that their children will enjoy trouble-free lives. A mother prays most earnestly when her child is gravely ill.
But if you ask them, "do you at any time think or feel that God is near?" They will most probably answer: "God has no time for people like me. I feel I am tested all the time."
How wrong they all are. God, the Almighty, the Old Man Upstairs, the Big Man, The One in Heaven, whatever you want to call him, is always with us. He's nearer than you think, and he's there with you in your every breathing moment.
How do I know? I know because every morning when I am riding my bike to work, I see the sunshine across my path. I feel the cool breeze on my cheeks. It is God smiling at me, like the sunshine. The rushing breeze is like his breath.
Whenever, I hear a beautiful song whose lyrics make me cry with joy or nostalgia, I know it is God who has inspired the songwriter to pen those words. He knows for many of us, the words in songs will remind of all that's good, soothe our tired souls and bodies, rejuvenate our minds, gladden our hearts and remind us that life is beautiful all the time.
Your children are little reminders by God that you have many chances to correct your ways. Even if you are a scoundrel, you would not want your offspring to follow your footsteps. The mere act of wanting your child to do better and be better than you is an act of paying homage to God.
Your loved ones are his constant assurances to you than you are not alone in your hour of sorrow or moments of joy. He shares them with you through them.
Life is for enjoying. Live life to the fullest. God says all these to us through the beautiful sceneries he played before our eyes. He makes you appreciate the wonders of his creation. The beautiful things in life or in the landscape are his whispers in your ear that you owe it to yourself to be happy.
And when you believe he's not around to lend you a hand, he sends a friend to you to lend you money, or even a shoulder to cry on. Everyone who helps you, anyone who crosses your path and helps you in a positive way are his messengers.
He sends angels to help you to your feet - that's why he gives you strong legs. He gives you the ability to make others smile and laugh because he wants you to share all that he has given you.
The Laws of Heaven dictate that in order to have more of what you want, you must first give them all or share your gifts and treasures with all concerned. For example, to receive love, you must first give it all, unconditionally. If you want happiness for yourself, you must make others happy.
I see God winking at me in the evening with the setting sun. I see God greeting me in the morning with the first rays of the rising sun. I see God pulling my legs when raindrops fall on my head on a bright sunny day.
I feel his presence every second of every minute in every hour because I feel the spark of his being in my soul. He is part of me, just as he is part of you.
The next time, you see a beautiful child smile at you, rest assured that it's just God smiling at you. Chin up, he says. Life is great, see it in the eyes of the beautiful child and be awashed with love in the smile of the innocent, for that is what heaven and God are all about.

No comments: