Thursday, April 14, 2005

Crazy over Digital Cameras




Recently, I fell head over heels in love with digital cameras. I have been lugging one around for about two years. It is the Panasonic LC20. It has two million megapixels.

For most instances, it is sufficient but like all digital camera lovers, it has become "inadequate". My needs have overgrown my digital camera's capability. Rigth now, I am eyeing the Panasonic FZ20.

Its digital zoom is 12X. What is so amazing is its built-in OIS or Optical Image Stabiliser. In other words, if I zoom in one an object 300 metres away, I can freeze it in an instant and print it in the camera's memory banks. What a mechanical wonder.

Right now, it is about Ringgit $2250. It is not exactly expensive but I am hard put to cough up the money because I have better and more urgent use of those funds. But still, I feel the need to possess one of these Panasonic wonders - this model just captures my imagination.

For a better part of these 24 months, I have been taking pictures locally and abroad. I have learnt so many things. The era of negatives and film is practically over. Step aside, you lowly negatives. Digital is the way to go.

Digital cameras enable one to send pictures over great distances in a jiffy. The Internet has made it possible for anyone to send pictures of happenings across vast stretches of waters.

This is one of the greatest inventions in photography over the last 100 years. I am glad I was born in this period when digital photography has made all our lives so much more pleasurable.

I have long loved photography. I have taken two photography courses during my university days. Those courses have benefited me immensely. Photography has opened my eyes to new ways of looking at things, objects, scenery and people.

For too long, ordinary human beings have taken their eyes for granted. Now through the camera, we are learning a new way of looking at things. And through digital photography, we are able to translate our imagination into pictures for others to appreciate and to view and love.

Three cheers for digital photography and the technology that goes with it. Hallelujah! Keep a sharp lookout - always!!!!!


No comments: