Thursday, November 01, 2007

Looking beyond November

November to me means December is just around the corner. So what's so great about November? Well, personally, it means one year has almost over and I look back and assess my life's journey.
People say if you are having a great time, the months fly swiftly by. If that's the criterion then I must be having a grand time. The journey thus far has been exciting, eventful and truly a chronicle of memorable happenings.
It's not true to say I have an Indiana Jones-type of life but every individual, depending on his preferences, needs and priorities, has his own life chart.
On looking back, I am glad to sad my regrets are few, if any I care to remember. There have been some hilarious moments and there have been some very happy occasions. I try to keep the anxious times to as few as I can count on one hand.
Who wants to remember bad times? Unless you are a glutton for self torture, you really shouldn't dwell over unhappy times. It is not a healthy habit and it is downright depressing.
That's my policy anyway. Why flog yourself unnecessarily when there are other better, more exciting things to do in life.

I don't know about you but I am always on the lookout for some fun things to do. I tell myself every day that I don't have time to be sad or wallow in misery. Why do to the grave crying and moaning?
Surely, life is bigger than all that. All of us will eventually slide into the grave. We are all biodegradable life forms. Let's face it, if you don't want to be happy, there are billions of others (six billion at last count) who would be more than happy to put a smile on their own face.

It's coming to December for heaven's sake. Cheer up and sing!

No comments: